On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 22:42, Brian Salter-Duke <b_d...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> On the matter of chapter support, I have no doubt that the chapter will
> support a bid at some point and I do not think we should go ahead unless
> the chapter does support it. That however is for the future. I have some
> sympathy for Steve's view that this, 2 days from the AGM, is not the time to
> be discussing this. The new committee will have other things on its
> plate when it takes over.

And exactly for that reason, I would suggest that while the support of
Wikimedia Australia should be sought as a "great thing to have", it
should not in any way be the beginning and the end of an Australian
bid.

Don't kill the chapter over the bid, don't kill the bid over the
chapter, would be my advice.

Delphine

--
~notafish