Le mer 25/02/09 11:26, Frederic Schutz frederic.sch...@wikimedia.ch a écrit:
> - this does not allow to easily provide access to non-members who are
> interested in contributing to a particular project (if someone is
> motivated to contribute, it probably does not make sense to force him
> to become a member)

...encourage him to be member and in worth case ask for an exception to the
wiki admin.

> - on the other hand, if one is working on a particular project
> involving contact names, does it make sense to automatically give
> access to anyone just because they are members of Wikimedia CH ? (*)

We have to trust each other, rules can be done to avoid deviant behaviours.

> Or, in one word: it is inflexible. Unfortunately, as Rupert mentioned,
> Mediawiki is not ideal for restricting access in a finer-grained way
> than "member/not member". So how can we improve on this ?

A flexible admin is enough IMO and in any case the most critical infos
(password, member list) are not in the wiki.
Personal infos about members should not be in the wiki if the member is not
agree (he has to put them himself).

This is not really great to speak about this topic again this year... but what
I can say is that this decision to make a member only wiki was by Wikimedia
France a good one an the most efficient to help members to work with each other
(i.e. not only board members are doing something).

Emmanuel