Dear all, You are all right :-D

Our connection with Seniorweb is stronger every days, and we definitively
need to propose them the WLM contest !

In fact Beat is talking about introductory course in german, because it is
already planed that Ludovic and I give this type of course in Lausanne this
summer and next fall.  You will have more information this week in the WMCH
quaterly report for the TAO project, and about the other operation that
would be conduct this year.

About Seniorweb, most of their members come from Bern and Zurich area, so
the course would have to be in german, but, before proposing them any course
we have to be prepared, because they are ready to participate, seniorweb
members are really active people, if I propose a course, I will have 20
positive answer for the next week! :-D

For the Wiki loves monuments contest, I am ready to advertise on seniorweb
website, as soon as we have the german translation of the website.

I am sorry for the short answer, but I must confess that I am currently
overload, but feel free to ask all the questions you have, I will answer!!!!
 :-)

Charles

2011/4/11 Nico Ray <n...@sabine-nico.ch>

> Hi Rupert and Beat,
> As far as I understood, Charles has the plan to contact Seniorweb for the
> WLM contest, mainly to involve pepole as photographs. We could definitly
> merge both communications in one if needed.
> Nico
>
> PS: Charles, please feel free to correct me if i misunderstood...
>

> Le 11 avr. 2011 à 20:27, rupert THURNER <rupert.thur...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
> that sounds like a brilliant idea. maybe wiki loves monuments would be some
> good connection point as well?
>
> On Apr 7, 2011 2:59 PM, "Estermann Beat" < <beat.esterm...@bfh.ch>
> beat.esterm...@bfh.ch> wrote:
>
> Dear Frédéric, dear all,
>
> There are some photography cracks among Seniorweb volunteers. We also
> discussed about scanning old dias and photos today at a get-together of
> Seniorweb volunteers. I think spreading the word in the Seniorweb community
> could be worthwhile.
>
> Is there someone who could give an introductory course in German? (e.g. in
> Bern)
> - Legal aspects: Why is it important to publish the pictures under a free
> license? Which licenses are acceptable for Wikimedia-related projects?
> - Technical aspects: How to upload the photos?
> - Community: What should they know about the community and the interactions
> on the platform? Netiquette, core values?
> - Content: Which objects would be particularly interesting for Wikipedia?
> - Administrative: How do I get accreditations for events, etc.
>
> Best,
> Beat

Charles ANDRES, Membre du Comité
Wikimedia CH <http://www.wikimedia.ch>- Association pour l'avancement des