Date:    Mon, 19 Sep 2016 10:03:18 -0400
From:    Garret Peirce <pei...@maine.edu>
Subject: Re: Cisco 8540s, and 8.3.102 Code

We run 8.3 on some new 8540s.

We moved to 8.3 to resolve a DFS issue in 8.2 (CSCuy45955 - AP stops
xmitting beacons after some # of DFS events). This is fairly silent btw,
look for a dearth of 5G clients and/or cleanair being down.

We're seeing similar symptoms and user complaints with 5G clients being
unable to connect on the AP3802 Access Points.   We saw this on
8.2.121.0 code and now also on 8.2.121.11.  I'll have to go
double-check but I'm sure that we were seeing beacons from both radios.

Cisco had us disable FRA and now they've asked us to disable 11k
Assisted Roaming Prediction Optimization.

In your environment, do you have  11k and Assisted Roaming Prediction
Optimization enabled when you observed this problem?

--
Earl Barfield -- Academic & Research Tech / Information Technology
Internet: earl.barfi...@oit.gatech.edu    e...@gatech.edu