re: CSCuy45955 (5G beacons cease) , no we've never enabled 11k support.
Our engineer discovered this bug after investigating the condition and
found it related to sensed DFS events.

re: Our current issue with corrupt boot images:
We've seen issue now in a handful of unique instances (APs = 3602i &
3702i).
We've given TAC a step of instructions on how to corrupt the bootfile and
to see the effect.
We could look to revert to 8.2 but eh... we'll see how prevalent this boot
image issue becomes before heading there as so far 8.3 seems to be working
well enough for us.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Earl Barfield <earl.barfi...@oit.gatech.edu
> wrote:

> Date:    Mon, 19 Sep 2016 10:03:18 -0400
>> From:    Garret Peirce <pei...@maine.edu>
>> Subject: Re: Cisco 8540s, and 8.3.102 Code
>>
>> We run 8.3 on some new 8540s.
>>
>> We moved to 8.3 to resolve a DFS issue in 8.2 (CSCuy45955 - AP stops
>> xmitting beacons after some # of DFS events). This is fairly silent btw,
>> look for a dearth of 5G clients and/or cleanair being down.
>>

> We're seeing similar symptoms and user complaints with 5G clients being
> unable to connect on the AP3802 Access Points.   We saw this on
> 8.2.121.0 code and now also on 8.2.121.11.  I'll have to go
> double-check but I'm sure that we were seeing beacons from both radios.
>
> Cisco had us disable FRA and now they've asked us to disable 11k
> Assisted Roaming Prediction Optimization.
>
> In your environment, do you have  11k and Assisted Roaming Prediction
> Optimization enabled when you observed this problem?
>

> --
> Earl Barfield -- Academic & Research Tech / Information Technology
> Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
> Internet: earl.barfi...@oit.gatech.edu    e...@gatech.edu

Garry Peirce
Network Architect
Networkmaine, University of Maine System US:IT
207-561-3539