Good Afternoon -

Some of this can be affected by the architect and what they deem
aesthetically pleasing...

When our theater was built in our fine and performing arts center 12 years
ago, the architect was against us putting access points on the wall due to
aesthetics.  We ended up putting on AP in our projection booth and one
backstage in one of the wings.

Our theater was originally slated to be used for all purposes
(performances, concerts, lectures, conference presentations, admissions
Open Houses, etc) so it really could have used a lot more connectivity than
what we could put in the theater.

Three years ago, we upgraded the APs in the fine and performing arts center
and, with new leadership at the college, added three more access points to
support more connections.  Our theater has 560 seats, and we did have a
conference that we streamed video plus had public wifi available and we
seem to be fine with connectivity.

If you can do it and not get pushback from the architect, I'd recommend you
build it into your plans for having availability day one.

(then you can sit in the back of the theater and watch all the parents with
their smart phones raising them up and see the sea of phone screens as they
record their kids' performances...because it will happen when you
eventually rent out the space...)

Ron Loneker, Jr.
Director, IT Special Projects
College of Saint Elizabeth