I'm really at a bit of a loss as to how to deal with your question David.

What's a trade association do for you? (You being generic here....) The idea that the question was asked indicates to me that one doesn't understand what a trade group is for.

It's not, at least not at first, there to put money in your pocket. Nor is it there to help you control your costs. Oh sure, most of those things can and will happen at some point. But it takes time, people and money to make any of that happen.

At this stage WISPA is there to protect our industry!!!! If you don't support WISPA we'll not be able to have any voice at all at the FCC or in congress. Especially the FCC.

You see, we talked to folks at the FCC before we set WISPA up. They made it clear that they'd much rather deal with a trade org. than many individuals. Seems that they don't want to deal with the petty differences of opinion either! They want a stand all hashed out before it gets to them wherever that's possible.

No one should, at this stage of the game, be asking what WISPA will do for them. You should all be asking what you can do for WISPA.

Dialup ISPs took it in the shorts far more often than they ever should have. I'm in no mood to put up with that with wireless too. It's mostly a safety in numbers thing.

We deliberately made the dues so low that there's NO reason people can't join. Heck, on principal alone people should be flocking to us.

If you are one of those frustrated that WISPA isn't doing enough, join the club. We're all frustrated about that. But just how many more hundreds (thousands????) of hours should I have to take away from my business and my family when others won't lift a finger? How does the saying go? United we stand, divided we fall. Are those who haven't joined uniters or dividers?

That help?
marlon

Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)