    *From:* Larry Yunker <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    *To:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ; WISPA General
    List <mailto:wireless@wispa.org>
    *Sent:* Tuesday, June 20, 2006 3:56 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [WISPA] WCA Weighs In Against Net Neutrality

    The WCA is showing its true colors..  the WCA stands for the
    interests of
    Verizon, AT&T Wireless, Sprint, and the other big Cell Carriers
    (many of
    which incidentally are owned by AT&T, Bell South, and Verizon
    RBOCs).  With
    statements like this, I don't believe that the WCA will ever be
    looking out
    for the interests unlicensed WISPs.

    If you think that blocking net neutrality is the path to
    "controlling your
    own network", you have missed the entire point.  Without effective
    net
    neutrality legislation, the RBOCs and the CableCos will own the
    internet and
    tariff the hell out of the traffic that flows through it.  It will
    be one
    more nail in the coffin of the mom-n-pop operator that can't
    afford to pay
    tariffs to get their subscribers access to "premium" content.  It
    will drive
    the customers of small operators to switch to the RBOCs and
    CableCos because
    those networks will be the only "fast" networks or the only ones
    that have
    "access" to everything on the internet.

    - Larry Yunker