Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] WCA Weighs In Against Net Neutrality

I respectfully disagree and think that WCA's position of less regulation and allowing network operators operate their networks how they want is the right approach.  Net neutrality legislation opens the door for content companies and your subscribers to force open and equal access to all content on the Internet.

How many WISPs on this list are limiting P2P traffic separate from other traffic?  I'll bite... I am.

How many WISPs on this list are prioritizing VoIP traffic separate from other traffic?  I'll bite.  I am.  And I only prioritize VoIP traffic to and from my own VoIP servers and not VoIP traffic from Vonage or anyone else.

How many WISPs on this list are filtering NetBIOS, RPC, and other traffic deemed malicious?  I'll bite... I am again.

Now the last one, I can't imagine being sued over, but I hope you see my point.

These controls are important for me to manage my network and ensure a quality of service my customers expect.

Net neutrality takes these controls away.

Dave

989-837-3790 x 151
989-837-3780 fax

129 Ashman St, Midland, MI  48640