From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Patrick Leary
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:30 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Ma Bell's About Face On Muni-WiFi

Matt,

We are on the same page, trust me. There has yet to be a solidly working
civic access muni network. By solidly, I mean indoor coverage without
forced buying of a secondary CPE. We have also yet to see a successfully
scaled mesh network for low cost civic access. Philly and San Fran are
still on paper only. These networks are able to provide good outdoor
coverage only so far. That is also why we like playing the multipoint
backhaul layer. We can reliably deliver that middle layer and get high
connectivity for the mesh nodes, fixed cameras, traffic lights, a city
buildings, but the success of the Wi-Fi layer is beyond our control and
remains the questionable piece.

Patrick