I have customers beyond 20 miles...   Last night I installed someone, and
couldn't get thier CPE to associate until I called someone and had the
distance limit upped to 28 miles on the AP.   Anyway, I plotted it in
RadioMobile and it's 22.7 miles according to RM.

The customer is here behind the trees.

http://neofast.net/users/mark/pics/wp/apviews/cafferkey.jpg

And ap is ... I THINK... in the mountains near where this is marked.  It's
kinda hard to tell from this view, and I couldn't find a better picture.
But, those sites are visible to each other.

http://neofast.net/users/mark/pics/wp/apviews/lewispeak.jpg

These pictures are taken from one of my AP's.

I have picked up a useable signal level at 29.5 miles from one of my AP's
while I was doing a site survey.

No, I have no amps, and all but one AP is a CM9, with the last holdout being
an old Sapphire card, which is going to changed out real soon.

All my CPE has 18 db grids.

neofast.net - fast internet for North East Oregon and South East Washington
email me at mark at neofast dot net
541-969-8200
Direct commercial inquiries to purchasing at neofast dot net