Wow, if they really believe that, I wonder how they expect the American public to buy a car? Gee, Ford, Chevy, GMC, KIA, Toyota, Subaru ...
Econo, Sedan, Van, SUV, Pickup ...
Sheesh, I guess I'll just walk to work.

Buying groceries oh Lord I'm suprised we haven't starved to death in the canned goods aisle trying to decide what type of tomato sauce to buy, roasted garlic, low salt, herb and butter ...

I can't speak for Urban areas as I don't live in one or serve one, but in BFE where we have 3 ISPs. I know several people that don't have internet, don't have a computer and don't want one (don't know how they function, just saying I see it regularly). I also know several people that only have dialup, and know that they pay $20/mo for dialup when they can get my bottom end wireless for $25/mo and not tie up their phone line. They are not interested, they use it to send the occasional email and that is it. I've tried marketing to them, I've laid it out, but they persist in not spending the extra $5 dollars. I doubt they would spend an extra $2.

I have a $30 plan for 390K and a $40 plan for 2M, more than 80% of my customers are on the $30 plan because it meets their needs. It doesn't matter to them that for only $10 more a month they can get 5 times the speed.

Mark Koskenmaki wrote:
I can't believe that someone would be dumb enough to write this...  The
biggest problem is a lack of FEDERAL POLICY????

Oh, please.   Spare us the insane idiocy...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
neofast.net - fast internet for North East Oregon and South East Washington
email me at mark at neofast dot net
541-969-8200
Direct commercial inquiries to purchasing at neofast dot net

The main problem seems to be the free-market telecom frenzy that has
enveloped the US (and much of its population) in technology and price
uncertainty. With no national broadband policy in place, multiple
service providers are targeting affluent urban areas, while leaving many
poor and rural dwellers to fend for themselves. In big cities, that
means consumers face daunting broadband choices. Should they sign a
contract with their cable provider or telco? Wait for the installation
of a Wi-Fi network? Choose an alternate provider like EarthLink? And
which broadband technology is the best? Many just stick with what they
know best: the slow but reliable telephone.