----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Belton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 12:26 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Alvarion Comnet Radios have arrived

Wow back at ya there, Mike!  <grin>

Never said the product was less in quality in any form.  Simply stating the
gear doesn't perform well under load in unfriendly RF environments.
Alvarion Techs themselves acknowledge the radios back off modulation speeds
in the face of noise.  Do you know something they don't?  Please share, I'd
love to begin re-deploying VL if I knew it wouldn't cower in the face of
noise.

Trango on the other hand has a RX threshold that will enable the radio to
continue to perform at its published rates regardless of the RF environment
if the link is engineered correctly.

mks: Lets be fair here. Using the threshold also comes with a distance penalty. Knowing it takes roughly 6 dB to double your distance, setting the threshold from -80 to -75 can cut one's range from 5 to less than 3 miles. That's nearly 4x less potential customer base.

mks: I love the rx threshold and I use it. However, it's not without it's own penalty.
marlon

Best and Merry Christmas!

Brad