Patrick,

   You are a better man than I am - no doubt! You have answered seven
thousand questions, retorted seven thousand fallacies and straightened out
another seven thousand myths. I have been a consultant for Trango for the
last two years and I do know every in and every out of Trango gear. I can
tell you what it will do and what it will not do, what to expect and what
not to look for by "just looking" at your coverage area. It doesn't matter
if it's 900 MHz, 5.x or 2.4GHz - - I can tell you some stuff. I have built
Muni networks with Trango and I have built my personal network with Trango
and a menagerie of different gear. I can also tell you and the rest of the
world about Alvarion.

  I bought another WISP in a distant town and when I bought them out they
were a 100% Alvarion network. That was my first experience with Alvarion. I
will tell you that they had the 3mbps gear up, they had a 99% business
network and that they had 0% LOS to any client. I never bothered to check
out their clients or how they were installed, but jumped at the opportunity
to buy them out at a great price. When I did get the deal done I soon
realized the gear they were running far exceeded what I had in store. I did
have to place 900MHz gear to replace the Alvarion 3mbps FHSS to establish
and maintain those connections. These folks didn't know sheet from shinola,
but they had a nice WISP and all they could say was "Alvarion." They never
bothered to further themselves education wise, but called on Trango to buy
more gear when they had another client. When I tell you they couldn't spell
PC - - they didn't have a clue.

All this said - - - why do you feel you must guard against and protect
Alvarion from every opposing opinion? I don't have to tell you that there
are those that can be starving from thirst, led to water and still die from
thirst. The ComNet program is absolutely a great program that has enabled
(and will enable) many WISP to upgrade to a carrier class program. I can't
speak for anyone else, but I (as an old time Trango hand) appreciate all the
work that I know you personally put into this program. You are a good man
who cares about the folks who make this wireless industry exist.

All right - - one question for myself - - - - dang, why are the AP's so
stinking expensive? It is only a software difference and if the AP's weren't
as costly - - -   I believe that Alvarion would run off with the market. Why
is it that this type gear has to be so substantially higher in cost?

Mac Dearman