Kurt Fankhauser wrote:
> Has anyone used this spam firewall? http://www.untangle.com
> <http://www.untangle.com/>  it is free to install on any server. I have a
> Barracuda SF200 and this thing is making me angry. It is so slow I don't
> even bother trying to log into it. It times out constantly and is so
> un-responsive. When it does work it takes a min of 30 seconds to change
> pages and that's when it is working properly. Its not overloaded I only got
> <200 email addresses and its rated for 500.

I would seriously stay away from untangle as an ISP-level solution.

Sure, it's cool if you're a small shop with no budget, but this is not
something that you want to mess with.

I'm guessing (because you're asking this question on this list) that are
looking for something easy.  If so, seriously consider doing the Postini
thing like others have suggested.  I would recommend several other
managed Barracuda solutions I've tried, but honestly, I've never had
with them the seamless experience I've had with Postini.

Or...build your own solution!

Like I said in an earlier email, Qmailtoaster is solid

http://www.qmailtoaster.org/

You can easily have it forward to other boxes, and it's an excellent
(IMO) "first defense" solution for those who are budget conscious and
willing to put in some (but not too much) elbow grease to fix their problem.

Their listserv is good, in my opinion.  The people I've talked to there
have been quite helpful.