On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Patrick Leary <ple...@apertonet.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the compliment Daniel, but please God, let's not have anyone
> thinking they can build a 30 km radius cell with our stuff or anyone's
> stuff in WiMAX. I don't care if you can see your dog running away for
> three days it is so flat and the sun always shines and the wind is
> always at your back -- I know of no PMP situation where such a cell
> should ever be built.
>

> Patrick Leary
> Aperto Networks
> 813.426.4230 mobile

Thanks Patrick. It took me a long time to get past the original snake
oil mentality of WiMax proponents when they were claiming 70 megabits
out 70 miles. I went through a phase of being dead set against WiMax
because I thought the culture lacked integrity over all the false
hype. Then I began reading the real story of what made 802.16
technology tick. The more I read the more I decided that it really is
a sound technology. I eventually bought a system from Redline and have
been quite happy with the results. It is nice to be able to go into my
higher end business customers and tell them I can deliver more for
their money through the air than cable and DSL can bring to the table.
That is TRUE. The service flows capability alone make WiMax worth the
extra bucks.

Now fast forward to this thread. I have seen my WiMax vendor of choice
bashed by another vendor rep. I have seen the same person claiming 20
to 30km sized cells in 3650 which is not a reasonable expectation. It
makes me sick to my stomach. We should expect that people will act
with respect and integrity on industry list servers. Let's straighten
up folks.
Scriv