You are not going to get the answers you are seeking. Worse still
anyone who tries to give you those answers is either uninformed or
lying. As I stated several posts ago, you need to have a thorough
understanding of the equipment, have conducting extensive field
trials, and produced a business plan specifically for the equipment
you selected. You CANNOT get these answers from a mailing list or from
datasheets and technical specifications. There are too many tradeoffs
that are not altogether clear until have a specific set of equipment,
geography, and experience.

For example, just consider the variables involved in determining
effective throughput for a subscriber. Your SNR determines what
modulation you can run. However, your SNR is affected by your channel
width, use of uplink subchannelization, and/or diversity. Of course,
lowering the channel width and using uplink subchannelization lowers
the theoretical throughput, while raising the SNR. Then there is your
framerate and which service flow polling priority you have assigned
it, which determines the latency for the flow. Latency has a huge
impact on theoretical throughput. Strangely because of the TDD nature
of WiMAX radios higher latency enables greater throughput up and until
it lowers the theoretical maximum throughput of the flow.

The above doesn't even consider the differences between 802.16d and
802.16e. Nor does it consider the impact of multiple subscribers and/
or multiple services flows per subscriber. So what is the right answer
to whether to use WiMAX or even which WiMAX flavor or vendor? It
depends.

-Matt