I was not saying you CANNOT possibly do that distance. It was being
referenced as a typical cell radius spec for discussion here and
frankly that is unrealistic. I find that everyone in roughly a quarter
mile radius can get our 3650 WiMax service regardless of terrain and
obstacles in the way. It will penetrate a forest at that distance from
my experience. Beyond that you need at least partial LOS. After about
1.5 miles radius you better have good LOS out to as far as you wish to
set your timing to allow for proper ACK signaling. I think we have
ours set to about 6 miles max or so. Our longest CPE connection
distance is about 3/4 of a mile right now. The WiMax service runs
flawlessly. We have it positioned as a top of the line service for our
leased line style customers. One of them bought both leased line and
WiMax from us. We nearly doubled our monthly ARPU on that one.  :-)
It took 3 customers to pay for our WiMax installation here with an 18
month payout. We sold those in the first 2 months. That is not too
shabby!   :-)
Scriv