Hi Dey,

I agree, but then again I don't think it harms anybody to have them.

And for the general user it is just a matter of education: the first time
you wonder what the icon is, then you learn its meaning by clicking on it
(or moving the mouse over it to read the title), from then on you will most
likely understand and appreciate its existance.

If icons such as these could be introduced as a standard on websites, they
would be a helpful and user-friendly tool.