Hi

This is an oft asked question by a lot of clients and relies on a basic
misundertanding of how documents are passed around the internet.
Basically, it is impossible (see examples below). If you don't want
information copied from your web page then don't put in on the web. period.

Additionally, copy+paste is one of the most fundamental actions on any device,
disabling it is pretty rude and nigh on impossible anway - on some desktop
environments you can determine your own keystrokes to copy and paste that are
known only to you and can't be detected by client side code
e.g Ctrl-Alt-Tab-C for copying

Examples:
1. "Lets disable right click functionaity!"
results:
- users lose functionality
- easy workaround

workaround 1:
$ wget http://www.example.com/ > 'copy of your home page.html'
workaround 2:
install some firefox extension to ignore right click disable requests by a
page
workaround 3:
use the google cache or the web archive
workaround 4:
take it out of the brower cache - where it is copied anyway

2. "Let's encrypt the html!"
results:
no such thing - it's encoding, not encryption. When you encode something
anyone can decode it.  If it is encryption you'd have to pass a shared key to
a public resource or expect your visitors to have that encryption key.
slows down page rendering - it has to be decoded by JS usually.

workaround 1:
- decode_function(html) > 'decoded copy.html'

3. "Let's disable the printer requests!"
- see workaround 1.3,1.1,1.4

4. Use images / flash / pdf to render content
- content generally inaccessible to search engines and screen readers
- decode with OCR technology (crackers can easily do this with captchas)

5. transparent image over content
- adblock the image
workaround 1:
- save as > file.html > "html only"

Copyright infringment is best left up to the lawyers - but then there is the
argument of content being in the public domain anyway.

If you are in a closed intranet environment one way to do it would be to
employ someone who runs around everytime a page is rendered in a browser and
shouts very loudly "remember not to copy and paste!" :)

Thanks
James