From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org]
On Behalf Of David Dorward
Sent: 25 January 2011 09:52
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] HTML5 v. HTML 4.x

On 25 Jan 2011, at 08:34, Steve Green wrote:

> You can use it, but will anyone benefit from it? Assistive
technologies don't support much, if any, of the new semantics. I don't
know if search engines and other users of programmatic access to
websites are currently able to make use of HTML5 markup, but I have not
seen anything to indicate that they do. So what exactly is the benefit?

It saves having to rewrite the site when AT, SEs, etc do have
significant support for them.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk