I think it's all a matter of careful implementation. All such new things
must be used in agreement with client. Using graceful degradation, knowing
which browsers to support, what technologies available, etc. If we will not
use this new technics now, then it wil be hard for browser vendors, web
services and device makers to develop them futher.
Of course that's all depend on type of site and conditions of work.