Dear René,

I love what you said:  "let's hope that this is a wake-up call so that
some people start working on porting the Wayland libraries". That's a
very nice way to summarize what I wanted to say in my (admittedly too
long) email a few minutes ago.  Thank you for asking this!  I don't want
X11 usage to get relegated to (only) MacPorts users, because lots of us
refuse to use MacPorts or Homebrew or any other package manager.

A wake-up call would be wonderful.

Indeed, every time that I read the news about Apple's continued success
in the marketplace (just look at their awesome stock prices, for
instance), I am wondering if it is worthwhile for the X11 community to
(for instance) send a petition to Apple directly, to continue
development of an X11 installer on the Mac.  This would probably be easy
for Apple to achieve, if they dedicated just a few people's time/effort
to such a project.  Right?

(I realize that I sound very naive here, and I don't want to sound that
way.  I've been a committed Apple user since I was a child in the early
1980's.)

Best wishes,

Mark