G'Day Alain,

Is there an English version of that website? I've just assumed for years now
that X11 is either effectively abandoned or on below-minimum life support. So
sad...

Regards,

Mick

> On 2020.0104, at 19:40, Filhol Alain via X11-users
> <x11-users@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought it might be a good time to ask whether there will ever be an
>> update for XQuartz?  (I really hope so!)
> Here the answer:
> <https://www.macg.co/macos/2019/07/xorg-bientot-abandonne-et-avec-lui-x11-sur-mac-106945
>
> <https://www.macg.co/macos/2019/07/xorg-bientot-abandonne-et-avec-lui-x11-sur-mac-106945>>
> Alain
>

>> On 5 Jan 2020, at 00:30, Ward, Mark Daniel via X11-users
>> <x11-users@lists.apple.com <mailto:x11-users@lists.apple.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I use XQuartz 2.7.11 daily too, now with Catalina... but I worry that it
>> hasn't been updated since 2016.
>>
>> Since there has been a flurry of emails on this email list in the last
>> few days, I thought it might be a good time to ask whether there will
>> ever be an update for XQuartz?  (I really hope so!)
>>
>> Warmest regards,
>>
>> Mark Daniel Ward, Ph.D.
>>
>> Director of The Data Mine
>> Purdue University
>> 1301 Third Street
>> West Lafayette, IN 47906-4206
>> datam...@purdue.edu <mailto:datam...@purdue.edu>
>> phone: (765) 496-9563
>>
>> Professor of Statistics and
>> (by courtesy) of Mathematics
>> Purdue University
>> 150 North University Street
>> West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067
>> m...@purdue.edu
>> phone: (765) 496-9563

>>> Yeah, that one still works pretty well for me on Catalina.
>>> I am using a slightly modified X11 server with it too, to fix
>>> the focus problems that were such a hassle a few years ago.
>>> Beyond having to reinstall that stuff after any OS upgrade,
>>> it hasn't broken yet.

>>> Yeah, I do notice the X11 windows forcing themselves to front in
>>> certain circumstances, but it's not been a huge problem for me.

>>> Hm, nope, clicking the XQuartz dock icon works fine for me.
>>>
>>>                     regards, tom lane
>>>
>>> This email sent to m...@purdue.edu
>

> —————————————
> Dr. Alain Filhol  (Computer scientist)
> Institut Laue-Langevin
> EPN Campus, CS 20156, 71 ave des Martyrs, F-38042 Grenoble cedex 9
> <fil...@ill.eu <mailto:fil...@ill.eu>>, Office: ILL19-206
> Tel:+33 4.76.20.71.56, Fax: +33 4.76.20.76.48

> This email sent to mick.mu...@mac.com

  • Xquartz (non-) usabil... Gunning, James (Energy, Clayton North) via X11-users
    • Re: Xquartz (non... Ken Preslan via X11-users
    • Re: Xquartz (non... JF Mezei via X11-users
      • Re: Xquartz ... Tom Lane via X11-users
        • Re: Xqua... Ward, Mark Daniel via X11-users
          • Re: ... Filhol Alain via X11-users
            • ... Mick Mueck via X11-users
              • ... Gunning, James (Energy, Clayton North) via X11-users
              • ... René J . V . Bertin via X11-users
              • ... Ward, Mark Daniel via X11-users
              • ... René J . V . Bertin via X11-users
              • ... Christopher Bort via X11-users
              • ... René J . V . Bertin via X11-users
              • ... Don MacQueen via X11-users
              • ... René J . V . Bertin via X11-users
              • ... Gunning, James (Energy, Clayton North) via X11-users