> On Jul 14, 2015, at 11:56 AM, Scott Ribe <scott_r...@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
>
> There's a popup menu up there from which you can select "counterparts". As
> long as you select files by clicking them in the files tree on the left, it
> will automatically open the counterpart in the assistant editor. But as soon
> as you do something else which results in breaking that pairing, it doesn't
> until you set it back.

And if you’ve overlooked that pop-up, Doug, you’re missing all the other cool
stuff the assistant can show. “Callers” is super useful — it’ll let you browse
all the methods/functions that call the method/function selected in the main
editor. Similarly, “Test Callers” shows all the unit tests that invoke the
selected method. “Assembly” can useful when optimizing. And so forth; it’s
worth experimenting with.

(You can also access a lot of these directly in the main editor via the funky
little “four squares” pop-up menu at its top left. In this case, choosing one
jumps the main editor to what you selected.)

Oh, and FYI, if you want to show a specific file in the assistant, option-click
it in the file navigator. I use this when I’m working on something that affects
two source files at once, like moving some functionality from one class to
another.

—Jens