> On Jul 14, 2015, at 12:38 PM, Doug Hill <xcodeus...@breaqz.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 14, 2015, at 12:24 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com
>> <mailto:j...@mooseyard.com>> wrote:
>>

>>> On Jul 14, 2015, at 12:15 PM, Doug Hill <xcodeus...@breaqz.com
>>> <mailto:xcodeus...@breaqz.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> • Command-click on a symbol in the .h (for example NSObject to show it’s
>>> interface)
>>> • Click on Show the Standard Editor to dismiss the Assistant editor.
>>
>> If you use the Back command in between those steps, it restores the
>> assistant editor to Counterpart view, so it’ll do what you want when you
>> reopen it.
>>
>> I understand what’s bugging you, but personally I leave the assistant editor
>> open 90% of the time (why leave the right half of my screen blank?) and I
>> switch back and forth a lot between Counterpart, Manual, and Callers modes,
>> so I’m used to selecting Counterpart if I need to go back to it.
>>
>> Hm, have you checked whether Show Counterpart is a command you can bind a
>> keystroke to?
>>
>> —Jens
>
> Hey Jens, thanks for the suggestion for a key equivalent. Let’s take a to the
> mysterious land of Xcode Key Bindings.
>
> Love how you can search for a key by name; and WOW even key equivalent. Type
> ‘control’ and all the Control-key matches are shown. And it even highlights
> the little carat character so you know what it means. Which helps with Option
> because I don’t even know how to describe the character it uses much less how
> I would remember that’s what it means.
>
> OK, there is in fact a shortcut, ‘Jump to Next Counterpart in Assistant
> Editor (Navigate…’
> (text is too large for to show in this window)
>
> And it has the easy to remember shortcut: Control-Option-Command-Up Arrow
>
> Will remap and try this out.
>
> Thanks for the tip!
>
> Doug Hill

Ugh, it turns out remapping is not quite what I expected. It appears there are
groups of related commands that differ by a key modifier. So Jump to Next
Counterpart is the ‘primary’ command, and Jump to Next Counterpart in Assistant
Editor is a the same except has an additional command key, in this case
Control. However, I can only change the key equivalent for the ‘primary’
command (e.g. Jump to Next Counterpart) and 'Jump to Next Counterpart in
Assistant Editor’ differs by only the Control key.
As an example, I change Jump to Next Counterpart to be F2. Now 'Jump to Next
Counterpart in Assistant Editor’ is Control-F2. But I can’t change the key
mapping for just this command. Wow. Any ideas how to proceed. Because trying to
type Control-F2 has sprained my thumb due to the reach between those keys.

Thanks.

Doug Hill
http://chartcube <http://chartcube/>.com/