On Jul 14, 2015, at 12:46 , Doug Hill <xcodeus...@breaqz.com> wrote:

> While this Counterparts popup menu is useful,

Um, you only have to choose Counterparts once. The setting sticks across
closings and reopenings of the assistant editor. That’s the point of it, really.

> my criticism is it’s actually easier to click on Show Assistant editor, click
> the X to dismiss it and select Assistant editor again.

Opening and closing it multiple times should not make it behave any
differently. But there’s a *bug* that makes it do the wrong thing the first
time.

> Rather than going to the Counterparts popup and selecting counterparts, which
> requires navigating a tiny popup menu. Also, I generally don’t have the
> assistant editor open I have to click on Show Assistant Editor anyways.

You know you can type Command-Option-Return to show it, and Command-Return to
hide it, don’t you?