> On Jul 14, 2015, at 12:40 PM, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> On Jul 14, 2015, at 12:30 , Doug Hill <xcodeus...@breaqz.com
> <mailto:xcodeus...@breaqz.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Just as a point of clarification, I’m referring to the Show Assistant Editor
>> button at the top-left of the window.
>
> As a point of clarification, you might mention which version of Xcode you’re
> using. There was a bug, in Xcode 6.3.x, where the assistant editor
> *initially* showed the wrong thing — that is, not the thing it was configured
> to show. That bug is fixed in Xcode 7, though I don’t know if it’s fixed in
> 6.4.
>
> The symptoms you describe sound like this bug, not any inherent defect in the
> assistant editor UI. As several people have told you already, the feature
> you’re asking for exists, and is called “Counterparts” in the popup menu at
> the top left corner of the assistant editor pane, and it sticks “on” unless
> you do something to turn it off (except for the above-mentioned bug).

I’m using latest public Xcode 6.4.

While this Counterparts popup menu is useful, my criticism is it’s actually
easier to click on Show Assistant editor, click the X to dismiss it and select
Assistant editor again. Rather than going to the Counterparts popup and
selecting counterparts, which requires navigating a tiny popup menu. Also, I
generally don’t have the assistant editor open I have to click on Show
Assistant Editor anyways.

Again, I realize this is a lot of virtual bits being generated for this one
feature, but it’s something I use on a constant basis every day and it just
seems like it’s so hard to do in Xcode.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Doug Hill
http://chartcube <http://chartcube/>.com/