> On Jul 14, 2015, at 12:24 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 14, 2015, at 12:15 PM, Doug Hill <xcodeus...@breaqz.com
>> <mailto:xcodeus...@breaqz.com>> wrote:
>>
>> • Command-click on a symbol in the .h (for example NSObject to show it’s
>> interface)
>> • Click on Show the Standard Editor to dismiss the Assistant editor.
>
> If you use the Back command in between those steps, it restores the assistant
> editor to Counterpart view, so it’ll do what you want when you reopen it.
>
> I understand what’s bugging you, but personally I leave the assistant editor
> open 90% of the time (why leave the right half of my screen blank?) and I
> switch back and forth a lot between Counterpart, Manual, and Callers modes,
> so I’m used to selecting Counterpart if I need to go back to it.
>
> Hm, have you checked whether Show Counterpart is a command you can bind a
> keystroke to?
>
> —Jens

Hey Jens, thanks for the suggestion for a key equivalent. Let’s take a to the
mysterious land of Xcode Key Bindings.

Love how you can search for a key by name; and WOW even key equivalent. Type
‘control’ and all the Control-key matches are shown. And it even highlights the
little carat character so you know what it means. Which helps with Option
because I don’t even know how to describe the character it uses much less how I
would remember that’s what it means.

OK, there is in fact a shortcut, ‘Jump to Next Counterpart in Assistant Editor
(Navigate…’
(text is too large for to show in this window)

And it has the easy to remember shortcut: Control-Option-Command-Up Arrow

Will remap and try this out.

Thanks for the tip!

Doug Hill
http://chartcube <http://chartcube/>.com/