On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 10:58:56PM -0400, gabe f wrote:
> So then, why do you subscribe to the list, you could just read the
> emails on the website,
> thereby saving all of that internet traffic, by only viewing the email
> body text  that appealed to you
> by its subject, and you wouldn't have to deal with those harmful
> vacation auto-replies, either?

Cause I asked a question (which has drawn *no* replies, BTW -- mostly,
probably, cause I'd already asked the point guy on the topic and he didn't
know), and subscribing to follow the answers *is what you do*.  I stayed on
a) waiting to see if someone picked up the questions and b) in case someone
asked one I could answer -- much the same reason I'm on the Linux Gazette
Answer Gang.

> "the internet" has more than one field, by the way. I doubt you're in a
> personnel/user related area.

Almost all of them in 20 years, except maybe BGP4.  *Lots* of front line user
hand-holding and training, in fact -- including teaching people how to work
their mail user agents for best effect.  So that poor configuration choices
on mailing lists won't bite *them*.  :-)

And between your attitude and David's, I must say, I can see why there was a
fuss with Keith, and why people suggested that he fork the project.  If y'all
can't be bothered to be polite anymore, go find something else to do, 'k?

No, really.  FOSS doesn't need any bad attitudes, even this late in it's
evolution.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c