On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 11:26:57AM -0400, David Dawes wrote:
> >See?  I'm not really a snot.  Even though I did ask *about* the cleanest
> >question on the list in the 2 weeks I've been here, and got not one answer
> >from anyone...
> 
> Unfortunately if Egbert and David Bateman don't have any hints for you,
> you might have a hard time finding someone else here who does.  I don't
> know if the technical docs for the 65555 are available, but at some
> point you might want to dive into the code and see if you can find the
> problem.

Actually, the address for Mr Bateman on the appropriate page seems to be
dead, I was hoping that either my list posting might drag him out, or that
Egbert might forward.

> It is worth trying 4.3.0 if you haven't already, or even something more
> recent by downloading the XFree86 server and relevant module binaries
> from Alan's page (www.xfree86.org/~alanh).

Ok, I was wondering -- it's apparently a real pain to get 4.3 RPM's for 7.3
(which is the largest thing I can comfortably run on my laptop); Mike isn't
building for that anymore, and no one else is either... and compiling all of
X on a P-233... well, I wouldn't even wish that on me.

I guess I'll try to setup a build machine.

Course, it'll probably take me a month to figure out how to build X from
scratch... :-}

Cheers,
-- jra
-- 
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink                             RFC 2100
The Suncoast Freenet         The Things I Think
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to