On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 04:10:58PM -0600, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Andy Goth wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 8, 2003 12:05 pm, Egbert Eich wrote:
> > > Daniel Stone writes:
> > >  > I also hope like hell Mailman isn't munging Reply-To, because that's
> > >  > just *wrong*.
> 
> > > Hm, I don't know what you would call munging, it puts the list address
> > > into the Reply-To.
> 
> > Daniel is probably referring to:
> 
> > http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> 
> ... which expresses an opinion not that widely held.

Sorry, I lost about 10min worth of mail when I switched hosts my mail spooled
on, and Egbert's reply must've been in that.

Reply-To considered harmful is an opinion I hold, and it seems to be the opinion
of most everyone I've encountered. The pressure should be on the MUA to do the
right thing; either the user should set a Mail-Followup-To header, or you should
reply to all per default, or you should just do a list reply.

-- 
Daniel Stone                                              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.kde.org - http://www.debian.org - http://www.xwin.org
"Configurability is always the best choice when it's pretty simple to implement"
  -- Havoc Pennington, gnome-list

Attachment: pgp00000.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to