On 07/02/2021 19:28, Andy Stewart wrote:

Hi Andy,
I hope you get this :)

No special steps to duplicate this - exactly as I described to Karsten.

If I put my correct Model ID for TS-450S in the config file as 2003 then run xlog it works OK but the GUI in the Settings->Preferences->hamlib dialogue shows model ID as 2002.

If I select the model using the GUI as TS450S then the model is shown in the GUI as 2003, but in the config file it is stored as 2004 and does not work.

If I select a TS-440S which is 2002 then it stores 2003 in the the config and my TS-450S works fine!

I tried to send some links to lists of system component version numbers etc. in the past but all these were bounced so I will leave it at this for now, but please get back with anything that you need to debug this.

Sadly we are now in version freeze for Mageia 8 and this will have to be dealt with as a bug report and update after release.

I was hoping to get a fix for this before now but all my attempts to contact you failed.

Cheers,
Barry
G4MKT
(Mageia maintainer for xlog)

HI Barry,

While the behavior is admittedly strange, it is the way that the software works.  For some reason, it seem that all values are off by one when the file is written, and changed by one when the config file is read by xlog, thus everything works.

But it does NOT work!

If a user enters his radio Make/Model in the GUI it puts the wrong hamlib ID in the config. (correct ID + 1)

That does not work.

It only works with the correct hamlib ID in the config file.

Are you using hamlib 4.0 or 4.1 or 4.2 ??

I noticed it in my case with my IC-7300 (model 3073).  It writes 3074 in the xlog.cfg file, but it works just fine.

I guess the moral of the story is:  either don't directly edit the xlog.cfg file, or understand this behavior and edit accordingly.

73,

Andy

Take another look.

Maybe *your* radio works with the next higher hamlib ID?

This has been an issue since hamlib-4.0 was introduced.

Cheers,
Barry
G4MKT