On 08/02/2021 20:00, Andy Stewart wrote:
On 2/7/21 7:00 PM, Barry Jackson wrote:
On 07/02/2021 17:04, Dr. Karsten Schmidt wrote:
Hi Barry,

yes I have a similar problem. A "2" in the GUI ist stored as "1" in the
config file.

-K

73 de dg1vs

Gentlemen,

Please do not edit the config file directly.  Please use the GUI or you will cause yourself problems, as you've noticed.  How the data is stored in the xlog.cfg file is of no consequence as long as xlog can read/write it and behave correctly.

Through the GUI, I have seen no failure.

If you do things through the GUI and see a functional misbehavior, please let me know the steps to reproduce it.  When I tried it, there was no problem with xlog 2.0.20 and hamlib4.

Thanks, and 73,

Andy

Hi Andy,
I finally got to the bottom of this.

There were two serial port parameters that are incorrect in hamlib for my radio, such that I have always had to use the manual entry for stop_bits and handshake in most applications.

Do the hamlib default settings overwrite the manual ones I wonder?

I finally corrected these in the hamlib sources and rebuilt our hamlib package.

Without the manual settings being needed all works correctly as you describe when using the rig selection dialogue.

I have sent the corrections upstream to hamlib, so while this fixes my TS-450S issue it won't help Karsten.

Thanks for your help,

73
Barry

I think I sent this using the wrong account previously, if it appears in duplicate please ignore one of them.