Hi Andy,
I finally got to the bottom of this.

There were two serial port parameters that are incorrect in hamlib for my radio, such that I have always had to use the manual entry for stop_bits and handshake in most applications.

Do the hamlib default settings overwrite the manual ones I wonder?

I finally corrected these in the hamlib sources and rebuilt our hamlib package.

Without the manual settings being needed all works correctly as you describe when using the rig selection dialogue.

I have sent the corrections upstream to hamlib, so while this fixes my TS-450S issue it won't help Karsten.

Thanks for your help,

73
Barry

I think I sent this using the wrong account previously, if it appears in duplicate please ignore one of them.

HI Barry,

I'm happy to hear that the problem has been resolved. Thanks for writing to close the loop in case others see the same issue.

I have reproduced the issue regarding xlog and Quisk. I will need time to look at it in more detail. I'm hopeful that I can look at it in the next few days or perhaps this coming weekend.

Have fun and 73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)
Vice President: PART of Westford, MA (WB1GOF)