So . . . it's not "entirely" true but sounds like it is "mostly" true. So, "mostly" I don't want apps on my system that don't adhere to my chosen display configuration - and I don't want to have to muck around to get them to use it either. It's a nuisance and breaks the consistent look of my system.

Forgive me, but I just switched to Linux from Mac OS X a little over a year ago after 11 YEARS on Macs. I don't EVER want to go back to a system that FORCES me into someone else's idea of what my OS should look like. That's one of the reasons I switched to Linux - I can configure it to look the way I want. And with XFCE I have found it is quick and easy to do so - I can change the entire look every day if I want with the click of a button (thanks, XFCE Theme Manager). So, when I come upon an app that ignores my settings, I get bent out of shape. The Mac OS is a perfect example of an operating system you cannot theme outside of changing the wallpaper. I don't want to go back to that.

Thanks for listening and thanks to all the developers who make Linux, and specifically, Xubuntu/XFCE possible. :-)