I think you guys are getting a bit off topic.

The main reason to use Gnome Control Center is to have easy access to Cloud Services. We are moving more towards the cloud and I find a lot of distros are trying to offer support to these services.

For the ones that have been talking about Gnome apps breaking your theme, that will soon change. XFCE 4.14 is moving towards GTK3 and Xubuntu 16.10 is already shipping with some xfce 4.14 plugins. By then most XFCE themes should move to gtk3 as well.

I think is the right time to include Gnome Control Center to future Xubuntu releases.

-Gio