Got up noticed that 1 computer finally finished all the U5 cases. So
I posted them.

that wasn't the orignal idea, if it hadn't been for one case taking
7 hrs to do, I would have had it out there already. I have two
coputers going at it. One does all the 431 then 777; the other does
all the 777 then the 431. Hopefully they meet int he middle
somewhere and I can merge the results together and post in 2/3 the
time (one machine is faster). But I fell asleep so one did all the
work after I stopped the other one, since there was only one case
left.

I started running the U6 on two computers this way. 7 cases there,
so 14 runs. They should meet in the middle in 4 hrs or so.

Do note however that U6 and T6 cases are inverse of each other...
running these seems a little redundent, but I think Chris wants me
to do them anyways.

With U-Orientation done, I'll go back and re-do U1 and all the T
cases just to have them in case we need them and for completeness
value.

I have one more final exam left. Hopefully then I can start posting
H1 alg, followed by some U2, some Pi1, some S1.... in that order...

-Doug

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So.. I would have been able to post the U5 set like 4 hrs ago, but
> there is this one rediculous case that is taking it forever to
> genrerate.
>
> U-Orientation, CP is diagonal, EP is 4E-circular, turnmask 777.
>
> Over 4.5 hrs for just one ZBLL alg has got to be a record.
>
> I have yet to find a way to have multiple computers work on the
same
> input line at the same time to cut the time up. I have a friend
that
> specializes in converting code into something parallel-processing
> capable. I should see if he can help me.
>
> Anyways, it's 6:30am here, I'm bored with insomnia. Also one of my
> computers is busted, not really..., but just many times slower
than
> my new one, so it's not worth using anymore. 3 COLLs in 1.5 days
> isn't too bad right? That leaves 20 categories, times 12 hrs per
> category (conservatively factoring in various down-times)... so 10
> days. Still I gotta pump up the throughput at some point.
>
> There's a lot of down-time, like for now, I have 2 computers not
> doing anything... should just start the U6 cases. That would
require
> me to make the input file though, and I can't be bothered with
that
> right now.
>
> Just wanted to check in. I want to look at the U2 cases myself
> (Chris is working on them too, and we have been discussing
specific
> U2 algs for a couple weeks). One of you can do the U3/U4 if you
have
> time.
>
> I'll post the U5 ASAP. It seems that with 12 cases in U3 to look
> through we should be busy for a while anyhow. My goal is to take
> care of the distributed commputing workload.
>
> Now since that leaves room for a break to skip elsewhere, feel
free
> to post input lines for regions of ZB your working on and I'll get
> on it over the weekend. (This is for those of you out there with
> slow computers and a lot of cases to run.)
>
> If nobody asks me to do anything, I'm going to run the the
Diagonal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/u8TY5A/tzNLAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM