How long will take you to generate all the raw algs for zb ?

Congratulations for all this work :p

Gilles.

2005/12/22, Doug Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >:
Yes, I assumed many people would be busy this time of year, it's
cool.

So I lied, the U5 I posted where really T5. My mistake, I just fized
it, and only a few more U5 left to process.

I posted U1's just incase we need to look at them again.

I am doing to redo all of T-Orientation (except T5 since that got
accidentally done).

I have a few T1, T2, and T6 done already... They should be finished
in a few hours.

Then I'll do the T3/T4.

Instead of working on H diagonal, I'll do the Pi-Orientation next
since I can safely assume the numbering/coding that Chris uses
extends there.

-Doug

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den Peereboom
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's great :-)
> Unfortunately my exams are in January, that means I'll have less
time
> for ZBMethod (and this week I really had none, I'm in an intensive
> "computer programming training sessions" that will end on saturday.
> And then I'll have to study for those exams.
> I'll try to still work a bit on ZB, but I can't promise much.
>
> Sorry :s
> Gilles.
> 2005/12/22, Doug Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >  Got up noticed that 1 computer finally finished all the U5
cases. So
> >  I posted them.
> >
> >  that wasn't the orignal idea, if it hadn't been for one case
taking
> >  7 hrs to do, I would have had it out there already. I have two
> >  coputers going at it. One does all the 431 then 777; the other
does
> >  all the 777 then the 431. Hopefully they meet int he middle
> >  somewhere and I can merge the results together and post in 2/3
the
> >  time (one machine is faster). But I fell asleep so one did all
the
> >  work after I stopped the other one, since there was only one
case
> >  left.
> >
> >  I started running the U6 on two computers this way. 7 cases
there,
> >  so 14 runs. They should meet in the middle in 4 hrs or so.
> >
> >  Do note however that U6 and T6 cases are inverse of each
other...
> >  running these seems a little redundent, but I think Chris wants
me
> >  to do them anyways.
> >
> >  With U-Orientation done, I'll go back and re-do U1 and all the T
> >  cases just to have them in case we need them and for
completeness
> >  value.
> >
> >  I have one more final exam left. Hopefully then I can start
posting
> >  H1 alg, followed by some U2, some Pi1, some S1.... in that
order...

> >  -Doug
> >

> >  --- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >  >
> >  > So.. I would have been able to post the U5 set like 4 hrs
ago, but
> >  > there is this one rediculous case that is taking it forever to
> >  > genrerate.
> >  >
> >  > U-Orientation, CP is diagonal, EP is 4E-circular, turnmask
777.
> >  >
> >  > Over 4.5 hrs for just one ZBLL alg has got to be a record.
> >  >
> >  > I have yet to find a way to have multiple computers work on
the
> >  same
> >  > input line at the same time to cut the time up. I have a
friend
> >  that
> >  > specializes in converting code into something parallel-
processing
> >  > capable. I should see if he can help me.
> >  >
> >  > Anyways, it's 6:30am here, I'm bored with insomnia. Also one
of my
> >  > computers is busted, not really..., but just many times slower
> >  than
> >  > my new one, so it's not worth using anymore. 3 COLLs in 1.5
days
> >  > isn't too bad right? That leaves 20 categories, times 12 hrs
per
> >  > category (conservatively factoring in various down-times)...
so 10
> >  > days. Still I gotta pump up the throughput at some point.
> >  >
> >  > There's a lot of down-time, like for now, I have 2 computers
not
> >  > doing anything... should just start the U6 cases. That would
> >  require
> >  > me to make the input file though, and I can't be bothered with
> >  that
> >  > right now.
> >  >
> >  > Just wanted to check in. I want to look at the U2 cases myself
> >  > (Chris is working on them too, and we have been discussing
> >  specific
> >  > U2 algs for a couple weeks). One of you can do the U3/U4 if
you
> >  have
> >  > time.
> >  >
> >  > I'll post the U5 ASAP. It seems that with 12 cases in U3 to
look
> >  > through we should be busy for a while anyhow. My goal is to
take
> >  > care of the distributed commputing workload.
> >  >
> >  > Now since that leaves room for a break to skip elsewhere, feel
> >  free
> >  > to post input lines for regions of ZB your working on and
I'll get
> >  > on it over the weekend. (This is for those of you out there
with
> >  > slow computers and a lot of cases to run.)
> >  >
> >  > If nobody asks me to do anything, I'm going to run the the
> >  Diagonal
> >  > H-Orientation cases that Gilles is working on. It should give
him
> >  > more raw data to work with.
> >  >
> >  >
> >  > -Doug
> >  >

> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

Online puzzle games Jigsaw puzzle game Puzzle games
Computer puzzle game Free puzzle games Free puzzle inlay games

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Free puzzle games Computer puzzle game Jigsaw puzzle game
Online puzzle games Puzzle games Free puzzle inlay games

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS