Yes, I assumed many people would be busy this time of year, it's
cool.

So I lied, the U5 I posted where really T5. My mistake, I just fized
it, and only a few more U5 left to process.

I posted U1's just incase we need to look at them again.

I am doing to redo all of T-Orientation (except T5 since that got
accidentally done).

I have a few T1, T2, and T6 done already... They should be finished
in a few hours.

Then I'll do the T3/T4.

Instead of working on H diagonal, I'll do the Pi-Orientation next
since I can safely assume the numbering/coding that Chris uses
extends there.

-Doug

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den Peereboom
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's great :-)
> Unfortunately my exams are in January, that means I'll have less
time
> for ZBMethod (and this week I really had none, I'm in an intensive
> "computer programming training sessions" that will end on saturday.
> And then I'll have to study for those exams.
> I'll try to still work a bit on ZB, but I can't promise much.
>
> Sorry :s
> Gilles.
> 2005/12/22, Doug Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >  Got up noticed that 1 computer finally finished all the U5
cases. So
> >  I posted them.
> >
> >  that wasn't the orignal idea, if it hadn't been for one case
taking
> >  7 hrs to do, I would have had it out there already. I have two
> >  coputers going at it. One does all the 431 then 777; the other
does
> >  all the 777 then the 431. Hopefully they meet int he middle
> >  somewhere and I can merge the results together and post in 2/3
the
> >  time (one machine is faster). But I fell asleep so one did all
the
> >  work after I stopped the other one, since there was only one
case
> >  left.
> >
> >  I started running the U6 on two computers this way. 7 cases
there,
> >  so 14 runs. They should meet in the middle in 4 hrs or so.
> >
> >  Do note however that U6 and T6 cases are inverse of each
other...
> >  running these seems a little redundent, but I think Chris wants
me
> >  to do them anyways.
> >
> >  With U-Orientation done, I'll go back and re-do U1 and all the T
> >  cases just to have them in case we need them and for
completeness
> >  value.
> >
> >  I have one more final exam left. Hopefully then I can start
posting
> >  H1 alg, followed by some U2, some Pi1, some S1.... in that
order...

> >  -Doug
> >

> >  --- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >  >
> >  > So.. I would have been able to post the U5 set like 4 hrs
ago, but
> >  > there is this one rediculous case that is taking it forever to
> >  > genrerate.
> >  >
> >  > U-Orientation, CP is diagonal, EP is 4E-circular, turnmask
777.
> >  >
> >  > Over 4.5 hrs for just one ZBLL alg has got to be a record.
> >  >
> >  > I have yet to find a way to have multiple computers work on
the
> >  same
> >  > input line at the same time to cut the time up. I have a
friend
> >  that
> >  > specializes in converting code into something parallel-
processing
> >  > capable. I should see if he can help me.
> >  >
> >  > Anyways, it's 6:30am here, I'm bored with insomnia. Also one
of my
> >  > computers is busted, not really..., but just many times slower
> >  than
> >  > my new one, so it's not worth using anymore. 3 COLLs in 1.5
days
> >  > isn't too bad right? That leaves 20 categories, times 12 hrs
per
> >  > category (conservatively factoring in various down-times)...
so 10
> >  > days. Still I gotta pump up the throughput at some point.
> >  >
> >  > There's a lot of down-time, like for now, I have 2 computers
not
> >  > doing anything... should just start the U6 cases. That would
> >  require
> >  > me to make the input file though, and I can't be bothered with
> >  that
> >  > right now.
> >  >
> >  > Just wanted to check in. I want to look at the U2 cases myself
> >  > (Chris is working on them too, and we have been discussing
> >  specific
> >  > U2 algs for a couple weeks). One of you can do the U3/U4 if
you
> >  have
> >  > time.
> >  >
> >  > I'll post the U5 ASAP. It seems that with 12 cases in U3 to
look
> >  > through we should be busy for a while anyhow. My goal is to
take
> >  > care of the distributed commputing workload.
> >  >
> >  > Now since that leaves room for a break to skip elsewhere, feel
> >  free
> >  > to post input lines for regions of ZB your working on and
I'll get
> >  > on it over the weekend. (This is for those of you out there
with
> >  > slow computers and a lot of cases to run.)
> >  >
> >  > If nobody asks me to do anything, I'm going to run the the
> >  Diagonal
> >  > H-Orientation cases that Gilles is working on. It should give
him
> >  > more raw data to work with.
> >  >
> >  >
> >  > -Doug
> >  >

> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.