Downgrade to zd1211-firmware-1.1 and see if that helps.

This has not made any noticeable difference for me (3Com 3CRUSB10075,
6891:a727).  I still get -110 resets if I boot with the device plugged in.
I also have to unplug the adapter, unload zd1211rw, ohci_hcd and ehci_hcd,
reload ehci_hcd and ohci_hcd (in that order - yes, it matters) then plug the
adapter back in.  If I manually modprobe zd1211rw before plugging the
adapter in, I have to repeat the whole ritual.