Hi Henrik,

Henrik Hjelte wrote:

> Also I have problems with starting the driver automatically at startup.
> I've put zd1211rw last in /etc/modules. I have to unplug the usb stick
> before rebooting, and plug it in again after Linux has loaded, else it
> fails: USB control request for firmware upload failed. Error number
> -110. I suspect this has to do with zd1211rw being loaded too early in
> the process, but I don't know to fix it. What is the proper way to load
> the modules, is /etc/modules the right thing?

No, usually the driver modules for usb are supposed
to be loaded by the appropriate udev rules. And this
should work at boot time too, i.e. no need to unplug
the usb dongle.

I would suggest to try the wpasupplicant package. For
Debian and Ubuntu the appropriate support has been added
to the ifupdown scripts. You have to configure your wlan
gateway to do wpa-psk, though.

My entry for wlan in /etc/network/interfaces looks like
this:
        allow-hotplug eth2
        iface eth2 inet static
                wpa-driver wext