On Wednesday 28 February 2007 03:01:54 you wrote:
> Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> > This is my first time trying out this driver, so please be gentle if I
> > have missed anything obvious. I checked what I could see to make sure no
> > one had gone through this already. I just got a USB wireless adapter with
> > an ADSL router and thought I would give it a try - it seems to very
> > nearly work.
> >
> > Things you ask for on the wiki:
> >
> > Brand & Retail Product: ZyXEL G-202 Wireless USB Adapter
> > USB ID: 0586:3410
> > Chip ID: zd1211rw 1-6:1.0: zd1211 chip 0586:3410 v4810 high 00-13-49
> > AL2230_RF pa0 g---
>
> I just looked at the windows driver for this hardware. I have not seen
> the driver files named in this way before. Anyway, some strings in the
> .sys files suggest that this is a 1215 chip, which is actually just an
> alternative name for zd1211b. So, it looks like you may have specified
> the wrong device type in your modification to the driver, and this may
> be causing you some of the problems you are seeing.

You were right! It seems to be working pretty well with zd1211b. I am sending
this email through a connection using the device, wpa_supplicant and WPA2. It
does seem to be limited to 11 Mbit/s though - I will see if I can figure this
out.

I will use this as my main connection for a while to see how stable it is but
so far it looks good. The output from dmesg also looks better now,

zd1211rw 1-6:1.0: firmware version 4725
zd1211rw 1-6:1.0: zd1211b chip 0586:3410 v4810 high 00-13-49 AL2230_RF pa0
g---
zd1211rw 1-6:1.0: eth1

Thanks for your help (I should have probably just tried the b type driver).
Let me know if there is any more I can do to help get this device supported
by the driver.

Thanks,

Marcus