I am reading the book Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind, of Shunryu Suzuki -
an excellent book. It goes into depths while being understandable.

However, there is a concept in it I don't understand. I would like to
have some explanation...

It is about going fully into an activity, leaving nothing of yourself
behind. So you are like ash afterwards... who has read this book and
can explain?

thanks!