I am the one that posted this question and I think some explanation is
helpful. The text I meant is the following:

"In order not to leave any traces, when you do something, you should
do it with your whole body and mind; you should be concentrated on
what you do. You should do it completely, like a good bonfire. You
should not be a smoky fire. You should burn yourself completely. If
you do not burn yourself completely, a trace of yourself will be left
in what you do. You will have something remaining which is not
completely burned out. Zen activity is activity which is completely
burned out, with nothing remaining but ashes. This is the goal of our
practice. That is what Dogen meant when he said, "Ashes do not come
back to firewood." Ash is ash. Ash should be completely ash. The
firewood should be firewood. When this kind of activity takes place,
one activity covers everything."

I can understand one does everything with full commitment... Is that
what is meant? It seems more complex than that..