Disclaimer: I'm not good with words.

That being said, I think you have the idea.  If we're washing dishes, for
instance, we should be washing dishes --not washing dishes, trying to
balance our checkbooks in our head, planning dinner, etc.  Like a smoky fire
which doesn't burn effectively (it's just as much NOT burning as it is
burning -- there's still wood everywhere), the person who is trying to do
more than one thing at once isn't really doing any of them.

I can remember times when I was so absorbed in an activity that "I" didn't
exist.  There was no "me" doing anything.  It's hard to put into words.  On
the flipside, however, the more I "try" to do this, the more aware of myself
I am.  It's really just something that happens when I'm fully with what I'm
doing.  When I let go, I'm fully in the moment without even realizing it,
but if I try to force it, I'm all over the place.

I probably made no sense.  Thank you for your time.

Mike