On Wednesday, May 03 Eugene wrote:
 >But if multi-tasking is 'allowed in Zen' (don't hit me for this
>phrase...), what does the text of Suzuki mean that I cited in my

I hit you one-hundred times!

Nothing is 'disallowed', but multi-tasking does not lend itself well to
being one with your actions.  'When sitting, just sit - when walking, just
walk.  Above all don't wobble!'.  That's a paraphrase of a zen saying
addressing this same issue.  I know there are people that can multi-task
better than others.  Perhaps there are people that can multi-task and still
maintain a oneness with their actions.  I can't, and from the teachings and
writings of all the patriarchs it appears they couldn't either.  These
teachings are not ambiguous on this point.