--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Jarvis Stamply" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> From: "dkotschessa" <Is this skillful?>>
>
> For me, it is therapy.

ohhh, well if it really makes you feel better, you can call me all
kinds of names, and I'll just use it to practice.  It's win/win!

"Monks, there are these five aspects of speech by which others may
address you: timely or untimely, true or false, affectionate or
harsh, beneficial or unbeneficial, with a mind of good-will or with
inner hate. Others may address you in a timely way or an untimely
way. They may address you with what is true or what is false. They
may address you in an affectionate way or a harsh way. They may
address you in a beneficial way or an unbeneficial way. They may
address you with a mind of good-will or with inner hate. In any
event, you should train yourselves: 'Our minds will be unaffected and
we will say no evil words. We will remain sympathetic to that
person's welfare, with a mind of good will, and with no inner hate.
We will keep pervading him with an awareness imbued with good will
and, beginning with him, we will keep pervading the all-encompassing
world with an awareness imbued with good will — abundant, expansive,
immeasurable, free from hostility, free from ill will.' That's how
you should train yourselves."

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/S27xlB/TM