On Thursday, May 04 Eugene also wrote:

>Dear Bill,

>Everyone multi-tasks all the time. I think the discussion is not on
>multi-tasking or not, but on the degree of multi-tasking. This makes
>the discussion more complex than simply saying "don't!".

Change the qualifier 'all the time' to 'some of the time', and I agree with

I suppose we could get into a big discussion on the differences between
complex and simple tasks, parallel-tasking, multi-tasking, serial-tasking,
but frankly I'm not interested in building a complete set of definitions on
that subject.  These are all just intellectual classifications and are not
really pertinent to zen practice.

>If I would pretend to be a wise Zen monk I would explain this
>dualism in multi-tasking perhaps like: Everything is multi-tasking
>and nothing is multi-tasking. Multi-tasking and not-multi-tasking is
>the same. Multi-tasking has always been and multi-taksing does not

A wise zen monk would wash out their mouth with soap if they so much as
uttered the terms 'dualism' and 'multi-tasking'.