Jarvis,

Your negative mailing has exactly the flavor of ego-rich know-all
arrogance I don't like.

I took a vulnerable attitude by asking a question in a rather open
way, perhaps even naive. I took that open attitude to provoke all
kinds of answers and thoughts, including those I did not think of.
Thanks by the way to those who replied to my post with those answers!

You obviously take this open attitude as a weak attitude; an
attitude of someone who does not know. And someone you can attack.
And you do attack in a very strong way, by insinuating I am a drug
addict and read a Zen book between bongs. How pity you are. You see
someone weak and start kicking him.

I don't brag about my Zen knowledge. I don't think I am a Zen
expert. But for your information: I practice Zazen for some two
years now and go sometimes to a Zen practice Centre. I read Zen
books although my emphasis is on practicing Zazen. But I am
defending myself now which is something I did not intend to do.

Although I don't claim to be a Zen expert, I do think about how to
incorporate Zen in my life. I do that in different ways beside
practicing Zazen - by reading books, thinking, discussing ... I
decided to try a new way for me, namely posting in a Zen forum.

I think this forum is a right forum for my question. If I may quote
from the forum's homepage:
"This list is for sharing ideas, zazen techniques, Sesshin
experiences, etc. Discussions can be intense and illuminating. Zen
Book Discussion is recommended such as Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind;..."

So I don't follow you if you advise me to go away. If other people
in this list feel I should go away or shut up, please let me know,
with arguments.

And just to be sure: I have never said or insinuated that Zen is
just "anything goes" - in the contrary.

I stop here because I don't want to spend more words and time on
your posting than on the other, more positive and stimulating,
postings.

Eugene

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Jarvis Stamply" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/S27xlB/TM